The yacht club is situated on the Northern side of the President Jetty at the north-western end of Saldanha Bay.
All Club facilities are available to visitors at the following charges:
Foreign yachts: first 10 days will be free thereafter R16.00 per meter per day. This includes temporary membership of the club for this period unless advised otherwise.
Local yachts: visiting yachts will pay R17.00 per meter per day for a period of not more than 7 days thereafter R16.00 per meter per day. This includes temporary membership of the club for this period unless advised otherwise.
Visiting yachts at anchor will be charged R40.00 per person per day for the use of the clubhouse and shower facilities.
Visitors’ moorings are available, but certain times of the year the club gets a bit crowded so booking is recommended. Allocation of moorings will be by the mooring manager only. Foreign visitors who wish to anchor may do so, but fees for the use of club facilities are applicable. No permanent live aboards are allowed.
A slipping cradle is available at the following rates for a period not longer than 9 consecutive days. Maximum allowable weight is 10 tons. Slipping is at the owner’s own risk. Contact the club manager for rates and availability of the slipping cradle.
- Yachts less than 9m = R3122 plus R291 per day for the first 9 days thereafter R886 per day
- Yachts over 9m = R3976 plus R291 per day for the first 9 days thereafter R886 per day
- Cats up to 6m beam and 4 tons – R4600 plus R295 per day for the first 9 days thereafter R 890 per day
- Large cats – use of winch (no cradle / trailer) = R5682 plus R291 per day
- Use of winch and slipway (own trailer/cradle) = R592 (R296 out and R296)
- Ski Boats – use of slipway i.r.o. non-members = R114.00/slipping.
- Members – “Scrub & Go” – limited period of 2 hours only to wash boat’s keel = R365 out & in. Payment is to be made in advance.
- Member use of winch/slipway(own trailer) R290 (R145 in and R145 out)
Gas, paraffin and food supplies are all available in the town approximately 1 km from the Club. Diesel is available at the fishing jetty; water and electricity (220v) are available on the fixed jetty.