When applying for your radio licence with ICASA, this is the procedure:
The following steps must be followed on the Online Portal FOR ICASA NO LONGER ACCEPTS MANUAL APPLICATIONS
- Please note that the online system can only be used on Google Chrome.
- Create new user email address and password ( I would suggest when applying on BEHALF of a Company use an email address that can be used by anybody within the Company )
- You need to register as a user on the system at the URL PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK, https://online.icasa.org.za/
- You will then receive an email with a link that you need to click to activate your registration.
- Please also look in your Junk Mail if this message is not received.
- When you use the system for the first time thereafter, the system will prompt you to submit all your or the company`s personal details in order that the Legal Entity can be approved.
- After approval of the legal entity is granted you will be able to submit applications.
- Please note that you can apply for licences in the newly created legal entity`s name or you may submit applications on behalf of other legal entities.
- If you apply on behalf of another entity you will have to go through the processes to approve such a legal entity as well as to get authority to apply on their behalf.
- Lastly, the steps as indicated on the system should be followed in order to capture the information of every application.
- Select RADIO FREQUENCY SPECTRUM – the yellow block, click on APPLY
- Down Arrow, Select MARINE SHIP STATION
- Click SUBMIT STEP 2 – GENERAL DETAILS – complete and SELECT PERIOD of licensing fees required and POSTAL CODE to be added ( this is postal code of your address
- PURPOSE of SERVICE is MARINE , SHIP COMMUNICATION
- CLICK SUBMIT
- UPLOAD supporting documents ( Copy of ID, SAMSA endorsed operators Certificate for MMSI number, Proof of payment, ETC )
- You will receive 2 INVOICES one of R 480 which is for Application fees ONLY, a SEPARATE INVOICE once 1st payment approved and the processing continues then 2nd invoice for the licensing fees depending on what option you choose will be emailed to you
- The fastest route to follow is to make individual payments via credit card on the online payment portal as soon as invoices are generated. There will then be no need for approval of the payment. Alternatively you can pay the full amount of Your selected option as indicated below via EFT and upload the proof of payment on your Manage page on both occasions. The application will then be processed once the payment is approved by our Finance department.
Please note that the system will communicate with you through emails as and when the different tasks are completed. You may also follow the status of the application on the manage page of your online portal. Applicants must upload proof of payments. You can also upload a copy of a bank statement as proof.
The SBYC website also contains the relevant SAS safety sections for COFs and hull inspections with links for ease of use. For any queries, please contact Steve Mc Comb, Patrick Dyer or Trevor Dyer as SAS Safety Officers.