17 March 2020
As most of you are aware by now, a National State of Disaster has been declared in South Africa. The next few months are critical, as the key to limiting damage is to slow down the spread of this virus as much as possible.
The Committee have implemented the following measures with immediate effect:
- Hand sanitisers have been placed in the bathrooms, bar and kitchen area, please wash your hands as often as possible and make use of the hand sanitizers.
- SBYC will unfortunately have to close its doors to all non-members and visitors, with immediate effect, until further notice. The Club will be open for MEMBERS ONLY.
- All upcoming sailing events are POSTPONED or CANCELLED, until further notice.
- All visits from other clubs and their members are suspended until further notice.
- No Sailing Schools will be allowed to visit the club, until further notice.
- Members returning from overseas trips should consider a period of self-isolation before returning to the club.
- Members who are experiencing any flu or cold symptoms are requested to stay away from the club.
We ask for the understanding and collaboration of all members, for the implementation of these measures, with a view to containing the COVID-19 Pandemic in our country.
With the cooperation and support of all our Members, we are confident the Club will pull through.
The Committee will keep members advised of any further developments.